ALS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated 18/05/2018.
We will only collect and store contact information for marketing purposes when you give your consent. Even before EU data protection directives, this was the policy of ALS. What's the point of having a big list of people that aren't interested in hearing from you, in any case?
What we collect
During the process of newsletter sign-ups, purchases and site navigation, we may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Shop payments and fulfillment.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you opt-in, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
From May 2018, aledlewis.com will use a cookie banner on arrival. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel
When someone visits aledlewis.com we use third party services, Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel as well as the built-in Squarespace Analytics function, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google, Facebook or Squarespace to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used or stored.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information, ever.
Under EU law, you may request details of personal information which we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request to our data protection compliance officer Aled Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Aled Lewis Studio Limited, Old Kent Road, London, SE1 5XB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email our data protection compliance officer Aled Lewis at email@example.com. We will promptly correct or remove any information found to be incorrect.